Saturday, August 11, 2012

I Love Paul Ryan!

No, not that Paul Ryan, the imposter who was currently chosen to be Mitt Romney's running mate in the 2012 presidential election... I love the real Paul Ryan, who was one of the best comic book artists during the late 80s and early 90s. I loved Paul Ryan's art, especially his epic run on Avengers with writer John Byrne, but also Quasar, DP7, and even Fantastic Four, although the storylines were never up to the par of his artwork.

Anyway, whenever I hear about this other Paul Ryan in the news, I think back fondly on the real Paul Ryan, the one who drew thousands of comic book pages that I grew up reading and loving. So here's some Paul Ryan art, just for fun:












3 comments:

Mugato said...

The GI Joe Comics were so awesome. I liked them better than the cartoon actually.

Unknown said...

RIP. Was an avid collector in the early 90s, great artist!

brian said...

what issue is that Avenger Assemble dub page splash?