Monday, August 20, 2012

Blog News Nobody Cares About

So I recently made note of a new a Jack Kirby-themed blog I added to my roll of recommended sites, but I have since removed it. At the risk of sounding like a flip-flopper, I read it in more in-depth and didn't like much of what the writer had to say or the emails he was posting from his or her fans. It's still a great resource for some outstanding Jack Kirby art, but it's also one of those sites that praises somebody more often than not by attacking somebody else, in this case, Stan Lee. There was just so much negativity against Stan Lee to the point at which they all but accused him of having absolutely no input on the creation of the Marvel Universe that it just hurt my stomach and made me want to sever any links (literally and figuratively) to this website.

You won't hear me taking too many political or ethical stances on this blog, but I certainly won't tolerate people bad mouthing either Stan Lee or Jack Kirby, both of whom I considering to be the premiere giants of the comic book industry.

That's all.

1 comment:

Justin Garrett Blum said...

I hate people who can't praise one person without trying to tear down somebody else. I wonder if Kirby hated Stan Lee the way Kirby fans hate Stan Lee.