Monday, December 24, 2012

Life of Pi


This is one of those movies that I really loved right up until it was over, at which point I thought to myself, "wait... what? That was it?" You know... one of those movies where you keep waiting for the story to actually start right up until the credits role and you get up to leave.

But, for the most part, I liked it. It was certainly a beautiful film -- especially in 3D, which was the best I've ever seen -- well acted, and had a clever scripts that had seem real show-stopping moments, but it just never came together for me. This was a movie made for a poet or a philosopher. I'm neither. I'm just a simple man who likes a good story, and this really wasn't much of a story at all.

And that's really all I have to say about this movie, which so many people have told me is brilliant, and for them it is. I certainly have no regrets about seeing it, and if you do you should really make sure you do it in 3D, but I can't recommend it because I just thought it was kind of hollow and a little pretentious.

But it was pretty.

1 comment:

Mugato said...

The book is unreadable. Maybe the movie is watchable ... I did sit through Waterworld