Saturday, January 1, 2011

Resident Evil: Afterlife

Well, I have nobody to blame but myself for watching this one.

I actually liked the first three Resident Evil movies. They were dumb and had nothing much to do with the videogames on which they were based, but they were good fun all the same. They looked great, had good action sequences, and lots of really good looking people. Afterlife has lots of good looking people, but the action sequences were super lame and visually everything just looked dark and unimaginative and boring. I didn't like it.

I don't have much more to say than that the one dollar I paid to rent it at the Redbox was way too much. It just made no sense, relied way too much on the backstory from the previous films (all of which also made no sense), had no real storyline that I could follow, and had lots of good looking, talented actors doing absolutely nothing.

Skip it.

No comments: