Friday, October 1, 2010

Game of Thrones Teaser

Here is the teaser for the upcoming HBO series based on George R. R. Martin's Song of Ice and Fire series of fantasy novels. I am sure that this show is going to be amazing, since it is being produced by HBO, has an excellent cast, and is based on my favorite fantasy series (after Lord of the Rings, of course). But... I just wish Martin would finish the damn books already.

The first three novels in the series are amazing, while the fourth was just pretty good. The fourth book suffers in comparison to the opening trilogy because it was growing so long, it had to be split in two, but unfortunately all of the great characters were put into the second half, which still hasn't come out yet even though it's been almost five friggin' years. Maybe this HBO series will convince him to finish his damn series already. But maybe it'll just give him one more distraction that keeps him from writing. Also, I wish the series had been completed before any adaptations were made, if only because the influence of Hollywood and others on his work might force him to change the overall arc of his series.

But, all that considered, it's probably going to be an awesome show. But I'll probably never watch it because I don't have HBO and I loved the books so much there's no way any adaptation -- no matter how well done -- could live up. I've been burned too many times by comic book movies, Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings films, and other that I just don't care anymore.

No comments: