Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmarathon Recap


Well, I made it. I said I was going to review a different Christmas movie every day leading up to Christmas, and I actually managed to pull it off. Ok, actually I originally said I was going to post a review everyday during the month of December, but as I got closer to Christmas, I realized that made no sense. Who wants to read Christmas reviews after Christmas? I certainly wouldn't want to write any after that. Christmas day seemed like the logical end point, so that's where I cut things off, and I'm a lot happier for it. Sure, it meant that there were a couple of movies that I had originally planned to include that I had to cut out, but it also meant that I didn't go completely insane. Turns out, this was a lot of work.

Anyway, just for fun (and to satisfy my own curiousity), here are some completely pointless statistics and observations about my Christmarathon:

Movies Reviewed: 20

TV Episodes / Specials: 7 (and that's including both episodes of MST3K)

Movies I had previously seen: 13

Movies that were new to me: 14

Video Reviews Created: 6

Most Popular Review: A Christmas Carol (1999): 90 views so far.

Most Popular Video: Cousin Eddie's Island Adventure: 1,410 views so far, but only 6 comments.

Least Popular Video: Santa Paws: It has no "likes" and one "dislike."

Longest Video: Bikini Bloodbath Christmas at 7 minutes and 52 seconds.

Best Movie I had previously seen: It's a Wonderful Life

Best Movie that was new to me: Joyeux Noel

Worst Movie: I'm going to go with Four Christmases, since it was just so mean-spirited and because it was made my lots of talented people who should've known better. Lord knows Bikini Bloodbath Christmas was terrible, but I think that was the intention.

Movies Reviewed Based on A Christmas Carol: 5 (That's including the It's Always Sunny episode, which only loosely ties into a Christmas Carol, but it was still worth including in the overall total.)

Movies I wanted to Review but couldn't: I really wanted to review Jingle All the Way, but it was a super long wait on Netflix so they never sent it, even though it was at the top of my queue all month. I suppose I should be thankful. Same thing with the Michael Keaton movie Jack Frost. I definitely wanted to put together a video review of that piece of crap, but Netflix never sent it. I wanted to review that episode of Tales From the Crypt where the killer dressed as Santa Claus terrorizes that woman, but it turned out there wasn't much to say, even though it is a great episode of the show that is well worth watching. I'm sure I'll discuss it at some point when I do a major post about Tales From the Crypt.

Oh, and I actually sat through the entire Star Wars Holiday Special, and then I learned that it actually premiered in November, so the holiday referred to in the title would more accurately be considered Thanksgiving. I was going to review it anyway, but I ran out of time. I will do a video review of this at some point in 2011, since it has to be seen to be believed.

Personal Favorite Review: I was happy with how my review of It's a Wonderful Life turned out, but I was also pretty proud of the editing job I did on my Emmet Otter video.

And that's all. Thanks for reading and for watching, everybody. I'm glad it's over and I can get back to real life.

1 comment:

Anna said...

nice work. i have lots of good recommendations for next year now. i really want to see joyeux noel. and please let me know in advance when you're doing the tales from the crypt. one of my all-time favorite shows, ever.