Thursday, February 25, 2010

In Memoriam: Boner Stabone

The actor who originated the role of Boner on Growing Pains has died. He was 41.

This is interesting news for a couple of reason:

#1. Because the guy who played boner killed himself. It's weird enough that Boner died, let alone that he took his own life. I guess if people were still referring to me as boner about two decades after my sitcom went off the air, I would be pretty depressed too.

#2. He is the son of Walter Koenig, who played Pavel Chekov on the original series of Star Trek. Who knew?

Anyway, I don't have many fond memories of Growing Pains, but the few I do have usually involved Boner. He was a funny guy, and not just because of his name.

Read more about this story here.

1 comment:

Justin Garrett Blum said...

Weird. My wife mentioned something to me about this the other day, but I didn't bother to check who it was who died. I thought she meant the kid who played the younger brother. Didn't he turn out to be pretty messed up, too?