Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Iron & Wine: Ghost on Ghost


I have a funny story about Iron & Wine: Years ago, a girl I was dating at the time and I went to see Iron & Wine at First Avenue in Minneapolis, MN. We drove past the venue while looking for a place to park, and I saw a homeless man standing out front -- shaggy beard, dirty clothes, fat, etc -- and joked, "look! It's Iron & Wine!" My girlfriend got really excited and looked over, then got pissed when she saw it was just some gross bum.

Then, later on that evening, after we were inside and Iron & Wine took the stage... we both looked at one another in shock. That guy I thought was a bum was actually the guy from Iron & Wine.

True story. Anyway, I told you that story because I have nothing much to say about this new album other that it's brilliant and you should buy it.

2 comments:

Mugato said...

haha. that's hilarious. Iron & Wine is pretty great though, I love the last line to Big Burned Hand.

Justin Garrett Blum said...

I'm going to give this a listen today. I remember listening to one of their other albums a few years ago, though I can't actually remember what I thought about it.